Gorge Walking Cardiff is delivered in the Southern area of the Brecon Beacons National Park, at Dinas Rock in Pontneddfechan (SA11 5NR), which is only a 35 minutes drive from the city center.
We deliver Gorge Walking to all types of groups from corporate team building events to stag weekends or hen parties, to schools on residential trips, or friends and families looking for their next adventure. Whatever you’re planning we will provide an activity to remember!
Gorge Walking at Dinas Rock has two rivers on offer, that flow down either side of the car park, the Afon Sychryd and the Mellte, making access very easy. Both of these rivers lend themselves well to gorge walking and scrambling and have a number of features to climb, craw through or jump off.
The Afon Sychryd and the Mellte are situated within an area also known as “Waterfall Country” as this part of the Brecon Beacons is full of them. The Afon Sychryd is a short section of river that joins into the Mellte next to Dinas Rock car park. Most groups start at the car park and work their way up the Afon Sychryd, which steps it’s way up the gorge gaining in altitude along the way.
Once we have completed the Afon Sychryd gorge we then descend into the Gunpowder works on the Mellte to finish off with some big jumps! Gorge Walking or scrambling is an exciting activity that’s full on from the start!
Gorge Walking Cardiff
Gorge Walking Cardiff Promo coming soon, keep checking back!
Suggested Itinerary: (Example)
- 0945 Hours: Arrive and meet the team
- 1000 Hours: Kit up and safety brief
- 1015: Introduction to gorge walking
- 1030 Hours: Walk into the gorge and start
- 1245 Hours: Finish or move into the next gorge
What is included?
- Full event management and instruction
- All safety equipment
- Transport on request
Where does Gorge Walking Cardiff take place?
- Dinas Rock in Pontneddfechan (SA11 5NR), which is only a 35 minutes drive from Cardiff city center.
What should I wear?
- Suitable outdoor clothing depending on weather conditions
- Trainers or walking shoes that lace up
- All technical equipment is provided
How long should I allow for this experience?
- Full and Half Day session are available
When does the activity take place?
- All year round depending on weather conditions
Are there any restrictions?
- There are no restrictions but anyone with medical conditions must declare this before booking as no refund will be given. If you’re unsure about your medical condition or abilities, always consult your doctor before booking this activity.
- Minimum groups of 6 people
- Individuals can book a place on our fixed dates
- Full Day: £45 per person
- Half Day: £35 per person