Gorge Walking Lake District is Ultimate’s newest location and we are currently seeking adventure loving guniea pigs to put this gorge through its paces! We accept applicants from all walks of life, including stag and hen parties, school & youth, corporate team building and friends and family groups. All you need to do is complete our “Find Out More” box on the right hand side and we will get you booked straight in.
Gorge Walking involves getting dressed into a wetsuit and following the riverbed of the gorge. Along the way it’s common that you’ll encounter various types of obstacles which mean you might need to climb, scramble, craw through caves, swim, wade or jump into pools of water. Gorge Walking is also referred to as Gorge Scrambling or Gully Scrambling.
We deliver Gorge Walking to all types of groups and you don’t have to be extremely fit to participate as we always move at the pace that’s right for the group. Gorge walking is a great activity for team building or just doing for the fun factor. Whatever event you’re planning we will provide an activity to remember.
Gorge Walking Lake District
We currently use three locations in the Lake District which are, Stoneycroft Ghyll and Church Beck for half day sessions and the River Esk for full day sessions. To find out more about gorge walking in the Lake District contact us today.
Gorge Walking Lake District Movie
Gorge Walking Lake District Promo coming soon, keep checking back!
Suggested Itinerary: (Example)
- 0945 Hours: Arrive and meet the team
- 1000 Hours: Kit up and safety brief
- 1015: Introduction to gorge walking
- 1030 Hours: Walk into the gorge and start
- 1245 Hours: Finish or move into the next gorge
What is included?
- Full event management and instruction
- All safety equipment
- Transport on request
What locations are availble?
- Stoneycroft Ghyll
- Church Beck
- River Esk
What should I wear?
- Suitable outdoor clothing depending on weather conditions
- Trainers or walking shoes that lace up
- All technical equipment is provided
How long should I allow for this experience?
- Full and Half Day session are available
When does the activity take place?
- All year round depending on weather conditions
Are there any restrictions?
- There are no restrictions but anyone with medical conditions must declare this before booking as no refund will be given. If you’re unsure about your medical condition or abilities, always consult your doctor before booking this activity.
- Minimum groups of 6 people
- Individuals can book a place on our fixed dates
- Full Day: £45 per person
- Half Day: £35 per person